What is a great bookkeeper?
A number of years ago I was involved in bookkeeping duties for a small, side business my son and a friend were operating. I was able to pluck numbers into QuickBooks and produce enough information for their tax reporting, but really felt lacking in trying to help them grow their business. In the end I begged them to find someone who could help their business succeed.
Since that time, I have searched for answers as to how to help someone have a profitable business. My answer – you need a great bookkeeper.
So what is a great bookkeeper? How do I know if someone is a great bookkeeper?
- A thorough knowledge of applicable bookkeeping/accounting tasks
- Experienced with accounting software and available apps
- Reconciles bank accounts and credit cards in a timely manner
- Produces and analyzes monthly reports
- Willing to explain the numbers from these reports
- Work with you to develop cash flow, budgeting and benchmarking plans
- Available to communicate as often as needed
- Understands your goals and dreams, working with you to create a winning strategy
- Resourceful – researches questions and/or creates recommendations for your specific needs
- Your trusted partner for financial success